Docking Station – USB 3.0 HDMI & DVI/VGA
To put in your USB laptop computer docking station in Ubuntu 15.0 (kernel 3.16), you must obtain the Dynamic Kernel Module Help (DKMS) bundle and the adapter driver.
To put in the DKMS bundle, full the next:
- In your desktop, click on the Ubuntu icon, kind terminal, after which press Enter.
- Kind sudo apt-get set up dkms, after which press Enter.
When the DKMS bundle is put in, full the next:
- Obtain the most recent drivers from the StarTech.com web site (http://www.startech.com/Help). You’ll find the half quantity and product ID on the product packaging.
Word: Ubuntu sometimes saves the recordsdata to the Downloads folder that’s related along with your consumer account (for instance, ~/Downloads).
- When the obtain is full, open the zip folder that you just downloaded and click on and drag the Ubuntu folder to your desktop.
- Click on the Ubuntu icon, kind terminal, after which press Enter.
- Kind cd ~/Desktop/Ubuntu, after which press Enter.
- Kind chmod 755 displaylink-driver-1.1.62.run, after which press Enter.
- Kind sudo ./displaylink-driver.run, after which press Enter.
- When the motive force bundle finishes putting in, restart your pc. To restart your pc, kind sudo reboot, after which press Enter.
- When Ubuntu finishes restarting, join the USB video adapter to your pc.
Word: It might probably take a number of minutes to finish the set up. Throughout this time, your show would possibly flicker, however that is regular habits. When the set up is full, your Ubuntu desktop is prolonged to the extra monitor.