driver reviver – Wiktionary
driver reviver (plural driver revivers)
- (Australia) a brief roadside relaxation cease, usually sponsored by native companies, used to permit drivers a relaxation on lengthy street journeys so as to enhance street security.
- 2007, Michael McGirr, Bypass: The Story of a Highway, web page 109:
The implication was that the driver reviver was a conspiracy designed to marginalise Catholics and that the organisers might count on a remaining reckoning. Certainly, there was a remaining reckoning. By the tip of the Easter break, volunteers had made 18,000 cups of tea and occasional, all provided as a gesture of friendship to strangers, however evidently the work of Devil.
- 2007, Laurel Evelyn Dyson, Max A. N. Hendriks, Stephen Grant, Info Know-how and Indigenous Folks, web page 279,
- The Wilcannia CTC[Community Technology Centre] deliberate to ascertain a small native museum in the identical constructing and a driver reviver centre to encourage passing vacationers into the constructing.
- 2010, Lee Mylne, Marc Llewellyn, Ron Crittall, Lee Atkinson, Frommer’s Australia 2011, unnumbered web page,
- In some states, “driver reviver” stations function on main roads throughout vacation durations. They serve free tea, espresso, and cookies, and are sometimes at roadside picnic areas which have restrooms.