How to Install our USB to Serial Driver
Listed here are the most recent step-by-step directions for putting in a USB to serial cable plus figuring out and altering your com port quantity. This works with all Home windows working techniques.
The next process works with all of our cables together with the Allen Bradley 1747-UIC, 1761-CBL-PM02, 1747-CP3, and 2711-NC13
1. To start, click on the beginning menu and sort “Gadget Supervisor” and click on the Gadget Supervisor hyperlink.
2. With out your USB to serial adapter plugged in, your Gadget Supervisor ought to look one thing like under.
3. Plug your USB to serial cable into your PC’s USB port. Likelihood is the drivers are already put in. Search for it to point out up underneath “Ports (COM & LPT)”. If it does, then be aware the COM quantity on the finish of the outline and proceed to the software program you’re utilizing it in. If it does not present up underneath “Ports (COM & LPT)” then proceed to step 4.
4. In case your cable doesn’t present up underneath “Ports (COM & LPT)” of the Gadget Supervisor then it’s good to set up the drivers. They are often discovered within the PLC Cable Drivers part of our Drivers, Software program, and Manuals web page. Obtain them and extract the zip file to your PC.
5. Navigate to the “Drivers for handbook set up” folder and you can find two folders named CH340 and CP210.
6. Double click on on the CH340 folder and you can find an EXE file in it. Proper click on it and choose “Run as Administrator”. Be aware that this is not going to work by double clicking the EXE file.
7. Now navigate to the CP210 folder after which to the CP210x_VCP_Windows folder. You will notice two EXE information, one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit. Proper click on the one which matches the processor of your PC and Proper click on it and choose “Run as Administrator”. Be aware that this is not going to work by double clicking the EXE file.