USB to VGA Adapter – On-board Driver
If you troubleshoot points with a USB video adapter, there are some fast checks which you can full to rule out potential issues. You may take a look at to ensure that the next elements are working appropriately and aren’t the supply of the problem:
Video vacation spot
USB video adapter
To check your setup elements, strive the next:
Use the video cables, video supply, video vacation spot, and USB video adapter in one other setup to see if the issue is with the elements or the setup.
Use a unique video cable, video supply, video vacation spot, and USB video adapter in your setup to see if the issue persists. Ideally, you need to take a look at a element that you already know works in one other setup.
If you take a look at your cables, it is suggested that you simply do the next:
If you take a look at the video cables, video supply, video vacation spot, and USB video adapter, it is suggested that you simply do the next:
Verify System Supervisor below Show adapters, Common Serial Bus controllers, or USB Show adapters. To do that, press the Home windows key + R, sort devmgmt.msc, and press Enter to open System Supervisor.
If you don’t see the USB video adapter in System Supervisor, refer to the next FAQ: https://www.startech.com/help/faqs/technical-support?subject=expansion-cards#usb-cannot-detect-windows.
If the system is listed with an error, reinstall the drivers following the directions on the web site.
Verify to see in case your video card drivers are present. You may verify what video card you could have in System Supervisor below Show adapters. It is strongly recommended that you simply go on to the video card producer’s web site to verify for the newest drivers.
Verify to see if the monitor is being detected by Home windows.
To verify to see if Home windows is detecting the monitor utilizing a pc that’s operating a model of Home windows XP, do the next:
- Proper-click on the desktop and click on Properties.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- When you see Drag the monitor icons to match the bodily association of your screens, it signifies that Home windows is detecting greater than a single monitor. You may click on the drop-down menu below Show to see which screens are detected. This selection will not be obtainable if Home windows solely detects a single monitor.
To verify to see if Home windows is detecting the monitor utilizing a pc that’s operating a model of Home windows Vista, Home windows 7, or Home windows 8, do the next:
- Proper-click on the desktop and click on Display screen Decision.
- You may click on the drop-down menu below Show to see which screens are detected.