Windows 98-compatible Flash Drive – November 2011 – Forums
After a lot trial and energy and failure and analysis, I discovered the reply. How do I get new 2gb and bigger flashdrives to work with Home windows 98 nonupgrade model 4.10 The reply is easy however sounds troublesome. Simply observe the directions step-by-step.
1. Be certain USB PORT is ENABLED in CMOS. Do this by shutdown/restart and urgent DEL earlier than something can begin loading.
2. Copy csmapper.sys and carddrv.exe into c:windowssystem and c:windowssystem32
3. Utilizing Notepad edit config.sys discovered at c:config.sys so as to add the next strains
4. Shutdown/Restart so your pc can load the brand new config.sys file
5. Obtain nusb320-Eng-98FE.exe from www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/win98fe-usb-mass-storage-drivers.php
6. Prior to installing nusb320-Eng-98FE, go to CONTROL PANEL, SYSTEM, Machine Supervisor, and take away all drives for Unknown Units and Serial Bus Controller.
7. Now set up nusb320-Eng-98FE
8. Shutdown and Restart
9. Home windows will detect your USB Ports and set up acceptable drivers for them.
10. Put your flashdrive into the USB Port. Home windows will detect it and set up acceptable drivers for that flashdrive.
For some motive, Home windows Explorer won’t switch information from/to harddrive/flashdrive so you’ll have to do it from the DOS Immediate. You may want to determine the drive letter to your flashdrive. I might counsel beginning at dir e: and dealing your means up the alphabet. On my pc the flashdrive is drive g.
In case you should not have or can’t discover csmapper.sys and carddrv.exe, I might joyful to electronic mail them to you as a rar archive. Winzip ought to decompress rar archives, but when it doesn’t go to www.brothersoft.com/rarzilla-free-unrar-download-64450.html
obtain rarzilla free unrar It’s a small file and may solely take a few minutes with a 56Ok modem. Use that to decompress the rar file that I ship you.
My electronic mail handle is [email protected]
This resolution works with 96% of all flashdrives at the moment in the marketplace for Home windows computer systems.